Monday, March 22, 2010

Seasonal Recipe- March/April

My friend, Darla, who is fantastic in the kitchen, whipped-up this recipe for her daughter's 2nd birthday. I am not one to fancy carrot cake but this one was fantastic. And it was even more fantastic the next day straight out of the fridge. The cream cheese icing was the best I have ever tasted. Seriously. And it didn't hurt that she just covered the top and sides of the cake once iced with chopped walnuts. To die for. The colder the better. She also omitted the pineapples and raisins and added one cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips! Sound weird? I thought so too but OMG. Do it. Trust me.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/carrot-and-pineapple-cake-recipe/index.html

This recipe will be perfect for Spring and specifically Easter! What a great family tradition to start! Enjoy! If you make it, let me know your thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. I'm making this for my oldest kiddo's Easter party at school. I'll probably do the mini cupcakes. I have to leave out the nuts because her classroom is "nut free." But I did find nut-free friendly chocolate chips at United Market Street!

    ReplyDelete